Hewick Plantation was established in 1678, and reflects more than three hundred years of history. The house was constructed by Christopher Robinson, who arrived from England in 1666. It was originally named The Grange, but was renamed Hewick by his son, Christopher Robinson II, upon inheriting the estate.

With the same strength and elegance today that it epitomized in Colonial times, the historic estate is located just outside the port town of Urbanna, Virginia, which is bounded on the north by the Rappahanock River.

Hewick is listed in both the Virginia Historic Landmark’s Rester and on the National Register of Historic Places.